Transit plates for export
Export your vehicle: simple and fast
When you have bought a vehicle in Belgium,
2 things are necessary to transport it to your home country:
a temporary transit plate
and the mandatory short term insurance.
Come to our office between 08:00h and 12:00h, and you receive your plates the same day at 16:45h, and you can leave.
Every person or enterprise which is not registered in Belgium, has the right to get a transit plate.
Each Belgian citizen can also request a transit plate once a year. A transit plate can be valid from 1 to max. 6 months.
How does it work
1. Come to our office between 08:00h and 12:00h
2. Give us the required documents
3. You receive your plates the same day at 16:45h
1. Car registration number
Original inscription of the vehicle
Pink or sand color
2. Green form
Certificate of insurance valid at
least for 31 days
3. Original sales invoice
Signed by both parties
In case of private sales: copy of the identity card of the seller
4. Passport or identity card
If the address is not mentioned on it: Certificate of Residence is required
For enterprises: original Articles of Association - max. 6 months old - sworn translation
Long term insurances
3 or 6 months
Insurance on VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
For short terms on foreign plates
Import your vehicle to Belgium
Formalization of customs documents
E.g. EX 1 and EUR 1 PLDA
Technical control of your vehicle
This is possible on our own plates
Of existing transit plates
Most Belgian transit plates are issued by Bios Transit
Our strength lies in the trust that we have built throughout the years both at official bodies and car dealers since 1993.
We are specialized in the import and export of vehicles and the obtaining of transit plates. As experienced interlocutor of the Belgian Ministry of Traffic, we heavily contributed to the new simplified legislation since 2017.
The insurances are always carried out by BVRB, Inc. BVRB, Inc., is registered at FMSA with licence number 46277A as insurance broker for various insurance enterprises.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us by e-mail or telephone.
Bios Transit takes over most of your paper work and takes care of the full package:
- to deliver the mandatory short term insurance;
- to accompany the request at the Belgian Ministry of Transport;
- to obtain your official transit plates extremely fast (in about 1 hour);
- to format the correct customs documents, like PLDA;
- to take care of the technical control of the vehicle;
- to issue the Civil Liability Insurance for 3 or 6 months;
- to issue the Civil Liability Insurance for mandatory short term on the chassis number with a foreign plate.
As an official customs and shipping agent, Bios Transit can assist you with all your import and export questions. All insurances are handled and issued by BVRB, Inc.